Friday, January 30, 2009

There's a first time for everything...

We experienced two major "firsts" with Ava this week! On Wednesday night, I gave Ava her first haircut while Tim held her in the bathtub. You may be wondering why on earth we would give a baby her first haircut at just 3 months old. But, for those of you who have seen Ava, you know that well, quite honestly, she was born with a child mullet (a.k.a. "chullet"). The haircut was long overdue, and Ava held perfectly still.

This picture was taken right after her haircut!


The second "first," (hmm... that doesn't sound right...), was adorable laughter! It's true, Ava laughed for the very first time. This is about as thrilling as that first smile we saw just a couple of months ago! Now, we promise not to overdo it with tons of family home videos at every posting, but as proud first-time parents, we couldn't resist putting this short clip on. As it goes with video, the minute you begin recording, whatever it was you were going to record stops, but we did manage to get a little bit. Thanks for indulging us! :)


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing all of the sights and sounds of our precious Ava . . . I love you all!

Anonymous said...

What priceless moments -- for you and for us grandparents! Thanks for taking time to capture these firsts. And treasur the experience of Ava actually holding still for a trim! Love you!

Alyssia said...

That video made me laugh. I loved hearing her and I really loved that Tim's head kept coming in and out of the video. Only a month and a half left until I get to enjoy some time with that little girl...and you guys of course. I love you all!!!

Jandi said...

That is so cute. The first laugh is the BEST. The "first's" have only just begun...

Mel said...

A chullet...that's too funny! I love the video! Baby laughs are the best!