It has been a very busy couple of weeks for the Knapp Household. Upon my return from Brazil, holiday preperation was in full swing. In addition to all of the shopping and cleaning, a HUGE weather system rolled in and delivered close to a foot of snow in our front yard! I love it when it snows, however, it really makes one think twice before heading outdoors.
We had a bit of an early Christmas with my family this year, the weekend before Christmas. It was so nice to have the whole family together. We almost were not able to make it out to my parent's house because of the poor conditions, but we prevailed (thanks to my sisters 4X4) and were rewarded with a wonderful time.
Stephanie's parents arrived on the evening of the 22nd and were so amazed at how big Ava had gotten since they last saw her in October. They really enjoyed their time with Ava, and I know Ava enjoyed her time with Grandma and Grandpa Rodes, too.
On the 23rd we watched the unfortunate loss by Boise State in the Poinsettia Bowl. About half-way through the game Steph and I were able to meet with some good friends of ours, Tony and Heidi, who now live in California, while G&G Rodes watched Ava. It was so nice to reconnect with good friends and have some focused adult conversation.
Stephanie's younger brother, Scott, arrived on Christmas Eve. This was the first opportunity in which Scott has been able to meet Ava, so it was very special. After we picked Scott up from the airport we attended a great Christmas Eve service at church, which Ava slept through thankfully.
Christmas morning was so much fun as we celebrated the birth of Jesus with Ava. Ava's first Christmas will certainly be memorable- it was a white Christmas, celebrated in our own home, and she met her Uncle Scott for the first time.
On top of it all our little Ava was dedicated to the Lord on Sunday, December 28th. It was so special to have so many family and friends present at the dedication.
Enjoy the new pictures!
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm glad you all had a nice Christmas. Steph, I know your mom was REALLY looking forward to visiting! :)
Steph- you and your baby are too cute! Congratulations- it sounds like everything is going great! I love her hair- I'm jealous! My new one is bald, absolutely, completely bald... I'm still adjusting! Glad you're doing well! - Katie Sprague (mclean)
Post a Comment