Well, I have finally arrived home. It was a wonderful trip, but I am so thankful to be home with Steph (and Ava too). Though I am truly blessed to have the opportunity to travel to amazing place to see the work World Vision is doing, I am even more blessed at home; a beautiful wife, whom I love dearly, and the anticipation of adding yet another girl to my life in a few short months. This really is an exciting time in my life.
I will be working on Ava's room the rest of this week. Let me tell you, there is lots to do! I have already painted the room, as mentioned in a previous posting. I still have trim to paint and install, bypass doors to paint and install, update the outlets and switches, install new light fixture, assemble the crib, move some furniture, hang things on the wall, etc. I have been looking forward to finishing the room for the past couple of weeks and I know Steph is excited and anxious to complete the room too. Stay tuned for future updates on the progress and completion of Ava's room.
Finally, I wanted to share some photos from my trip to Ecuador. I hope you enjoy these glimpses into this beautiful country.

Tunguragua, the active volcano, spewing some ash.

Two boys tasked with watching over the alpaca.

You really feel on top of the world standing in the Andes!

Picture of a hotel in the colonial area of Quito.

Cotopaxi.

A view of the city- Riobamba.

No, your eyes are not deceiving you...$1.48 for a gallon of regular!

Chimborazo.
Mital del Mundo! Yours-truly with one foot in the Southern Hemisphere and the other in the Northern Hemisphere.

Local dress. I was given this hat, made of alpaca fiber, to keep my head warm.

Here is a photo of one of the baby alpaca from the herd.
No comments:
Post a Comment