Greetings from Quito, Ecuador, the second highest capital in the world (9,350 ft.)! I thought I would have some fun and give you some of the highlights from my trip to Ecuador via this Top Ten List:1.) Observed a llama parade, as well as ate llama for the first time.
2.) Sampled the local cuye (guinepig), again, and again, and again.
3.) Had a close call with the president's motorcade.
4.) Was given a live pig to take home with me.
5.) Was able to see a "mini" erruption of a local volcano.
6.) I survived the roads and the high altitudes of Ecuador.
7.) Observed the groundskeepers of the local soccer field (cows).
8.) Found a place to get REALLY cheap gas (only $1.37 per gallon for regular here in Ecuador).
9.) Was able to hug an alpaca and see a sheep in a raincoat.
10.) Took a tour of Quito at night.
I have had a wonderful trip and will leave tomorrow night. But, not before I travel to the equator (20 min. drive from here) and place my feet in two different hemispheres!
After all of these experiences the main highlight for me will be the time I spent in the communities. I am humbled, yet again, by their warmth and generousity, when they have so little. In many ways they are far richer then us. I also continue to be impressed with the caliber of our staff and the amazing work they do. It is really a blessing to be a small part of the work being done here in Ecuador.
4 comments:
Your travels are AMAZING! What is even more amazing is your ability to appreciate the little things. Great stories!!
Mel
Looks like it's been a great trip! You need to see how much of that gas you can smuggle back with you on the plane - for that price, it's worth it.:) See you Monday!
halibutWhat a great way to keep everyone posted on your travels. It must be a humbling experience to travel and see the way some of the rest of the world lives. You help keep us all humble with your stories. Thank you from Alaska, Deedee
So glad you made it back safely, Tim! What a tremendous report. It has to feel great to be part of something that has such significance for people. And what opportunities you are having to travel and see places that I'll never even get close to!
I know you're ready to be home for a while and to soak in these very special months of your lives together as a couple as you anticipate baby Ava's arrival. What a time to treasure!
Much love to all 3! of you!
DAD RODES
Post a Comment