Sunday, April 13, 2008

Our merry day in Maryland...

Taken this morning before we drove back to DC.

Yesterday in Annapolis. Taken right after Noah and his Ark floated by.

Since we didn't have the opportunity to blog yesterday, let me get you caught up. Yesterday morning after our breakfast we took the Metro to the airport where we picked up our rental car. I was a bit concerned about finding our way amongst the rather daunting freeway system in DC, but it ended up being quite easy. Our first stop of the day was Annapolis, Maryland, the state capital of Maryland and also the "sailing capital of the United States." I had been to Annapolis once before and wanted to make sure Steph was able to see it.
We saw Capitol Circle and then continued down towards the wharf area where there is great shopping and, more importantly when you are traveling with a mother-to-be, FOOD! Yes, by that time it was time for our lunch. No sooner had we reached the vicinity of some restaurants when the heavens opened up and it rained. It rained...and rained....and rained some more. Annapolis must be the sailing capital of the WORLD because at one point I swear Noah and his Ark went floating past! On the other hand, it may have been the low blood sugar and the empty stomachs too. We had a great lunch and were planning to see the rest of the sights, but the rain did not let up at all. So, instead of waiting for the rain to subside we headed back to the rental and continued our trek.
We drove until we reached a small little town called Chestertown, which is aptly named as it sits beside the Chesterton River. We had a great time walking around looking at the old buildings and reading about its history.
Finally, we reached Rock Hall, our final destination. We stayed at a little place called Osprey Point, which is a B&B/Restaurant/Marina. We arrived by about 4:30 and, once settled, decided to go for a bike ride. Steph and I had so much fun peddling our bikes along Maryland's Eastern Shore. Once we got back and cleaned up we went down to the restaurant for, what would turn out to be, the most amazing dinner. She had a chicken pasta dish and I had the crab cakes, of course! From the salad all the way to dessert, we both agreed that it was a meal we would remember for a long time. If you are ever in Rock Hall, Maryland it is something you do not want to miss.
I think our time at Osprey Point will be one of our highlights from the trip. It was so nice to leave the fast-paced DC life behind and end the trip together in a place like Rock Hall and Osprey Point.
I have just returned to the Woodley Park Guest House from dropping Steph at the airport and am missing her already. I will stay here in DC for the coming days to work out of the WV office here, but I am already anxious to get home to Stephanie. We truly made some great memories on this trip and I know we will plan to visit this area again.
Love you babe....hope you got home alright. Talk soon. XO

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you both had a fab time! Your pictures are so cute! ;-) I love that I can keep up to date on what's happening in your lives with the blog...!

Have fun at IP week. :-D

Jen said...

Great pictures - looks like you guys had a lot of fun! See you soon!

erica said...

Alyssia told me about your blog, and I'm glad I found it! Congratulations to both of you on the pregnancy... how exciting! It'd be fun to see you guys next time you make it to Namps! :)