Well, after keeping our "big news" a secret for the past couple of months, I finally told my class of third graders that Tim and I are expecting our first child. At the very end of the day, I asked them to draw a line on their paper that was exactly 3 and half inches long, then join me on the carpet (our meeting area). I asked them to look at the line they drew, then I told them that that was about the size of the baby growing inside of me. They were so excited! I received a dozen third grader hugs and heard lots of, "I just knew it!" It was absolutely impossible to get their attention for the remaining 10 minutes of the day - good thing I waited until the last part of the day! It was so fun to tell my class, and it's a relief to have it all out in the open now.
On a personal note, I'm feeling much better - no colds and not much morning sickness. YEA! The baby seems to be doing really well, too. At our last appointment a couple of weeks ago we were able to hear a strong, healthy heartbeat. It's always so exciting and reassuring to hear it. What a blessing!
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hey guys! The trip looks like lots of fun, notwithstanding the rain! So glad you're feeling better Steph, and don't forget that in May we have to schedule the Golf/Shopping day!
Hey Steph!
I found your blog through Kirsten's and I can't believe the news! Congrats-kids are so much fun. It looks like you two are doing great-and having fun! I would love to catch up with you sometime...Until then, I'll just check out your blog! Love, Kelli
Hi Steph and Tim,
Steph, you have no idea who I am. I graduated HS with Tim and I'm pretty sure I met you at the reunion, but am sure you wouldn't remember me.
Congrats on the baby news! That was such a fun way to tell you students! I did my student teaching in first grade, but never had my own classroom after I graduated because I chose to stay home with my little guy. Someday though I'm pretty sure I'll return to it.
So fun that I found your blog through Melanies.
Angela (Hanni)
Steph!!!!! I'm so glad I happened upon your blog! You guys look great and I can't tell you how excited I am about your new addition! I'm totally going to start looking at you blog regularly and I can't wait to see prego pictures of you! Tell Tim I said hi and check out my blog, joesmamandhisdaddy@blogspot.com
Love ya!
Glaze (now Dunn)
Rodes! Congratulations on the baby! I heard you were expecting; you guys will be great parents. I'm sure your kids at school will have so much fun with this news. Mine did. We made all kind of predictions and graphs about the baby. So fun. And of course, they all say funny things, too.
Post a Comment