Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Growing Up Already?

Growing up... how can it already be happening? Little Ava isn't quite so helpless anymore. Each day she can do more and more on her own, and I'm thrilled, but so sad at the same time! I'm mourning the loss of that newborn who needed me for everything. Just this last weekend I gave up the final nighttime feeding that I've been waking her up for, (I know, it sounds crazy!). I guess giving up this feeding made me realize that times are changing. Just as I was discussing with my good friend Erica, our babies are always needing us less and less and gaining more and more independence. It's the way it's meant to be, just hard on the moms. :) I can only imagine what I'll be like on the day I have to send her off to kindergarten!
Since it has been entirely too long since we've posted updated pictures, here are quite a few to make up for it. Now that I'm on summer break (YEA!), hopefully our blog will be updated more frequently.
Ava LOVES going for walks! Can you tell?

Just relaxing in my stoller.

Ava is totally fascinated with our faces. She is constantly studying our expressions and grabbing anything she can get her hands on.


Aunt Alyssia came to visit for a few days while Tim was in D.C. I took one day off work, and here we are - lunch with the girls!

We often call Ava "crazy hair girl" because she has so much hair and it is completely wild most of the time. It's fun to be able to put her hair in pigtails, when I can actually get her to stay still for a minute or two!

I just love her sweet smile.


Here's a clip of Ava playing with Daddy. Basically they are spraying spit back and forth at each other, but it's pretty cute. The filming isn't the best because I was hiding in the kitchen to get the clip. Ava is SO distracted by the camera and will stop to stare at it if she sees it.
Ava wants to crawl so badly. I got the camera out because I thought she might do it... but, another day! Go Ava!

4 comments:

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Wow is that girl CUTE!! I totally relate to adjusting to the baby being gone, but I also know that the other side is sooo fun!! Blaine is 3 1/2 and can do most things for himself. He can hold full conversations and says the most amazing things. Yes the baby stage may be nearly gone, but you have soooo much more to look forward to...

She will be crawling in no time..

Jen said...

Wow, she has grown! Such a beautiful little girl. I will look forward to more posts this summer!

Marcee said...

I know, I wish we could just bottle them up and keep them small forever. She is such a doll! I am sure that you hear that ALL the time. Ava really looks like a good baby. Our daughter was suppose to be named Ava (long story I will tell you about sometime) but we may name this new baby that. I just love the name! And, DO NOT forget when you come to visit your parents please let me know so that we can meet up. I (we all) REALLY missed you at the reunion. Enjoy your summer break!

erica said...

I love all the pictures! I'm so excited to get to meet Ava in person and get a look at that crazy hair! :) Love the videos, too. Spitting is currently one of our favorite games around here, too. Maybe Kate and Ava can spit at each other when you're here... wouldn't that be fun?! :) And she is SO close to crawling, what a big girl.