Friday, June 5, 2009

Bath Time Buddies

Meet Carlos and Terri.


Carlos and Terri love bath time. They meet us in the bathtub each night to play with Ava. These BPA-free friends are so special to Ava, and she looks forward to seeing them each and every night.
Carlos is a crab. Amazingly he is a pretty happy guy, as you can tell by his cheerful disposition. I say "amazingly" because unfortunately Carlos receives most of Ava's attention and is normally found in her mouth. It is for this reason that I believe Ava's favorite food someday will be (plug your ears, Carlos) crab cakes. You may think that Carlos is either from the Eastern Shore or was found stowed away in my bags while I was on one of my frequent trips to Latin America, but no. I am now going to set the record straight once and for all and tell you that Carlos, in fact, is from China. From which part of China I cannot say and unfortunately neither can Carlos since he is unable to speak. Even if he could I am sure he would speak Mandarin, and I cannot speak Mandarin.


Carlos enjoys running away from Ava and making futile efforts at hiding from her in the tiny, blue, baby bathtub. Carlos thinks he can blend in with his blue surroundings, but alas he has yet to be successful at this trick.


Terri is just your average turtle- four legs, a hard shell on her back, and a bit of a lumpy tail. However, she is not like most turtles in that she loves a good bubble bath. Terri is, well, lazy. She just floats around on her back the whole time while Carlos keeps Ava busy. Unfortunately, Carlos is Ava's favorite chew toy during bath time and all Terri can do to help her friend is complacently turn over onto her back and float away with a smile on her face. Float-on, Terri. Float-on.


Poor Carlos! He doesn't stand a chance in the deep blue waters of the tiny, blue, baby bathtub. Maybe someday someone will come to his rescue. Until that day, however, Carlos will continue to "blend in" with his blue surroundings.

3 comments:

Seidel Family said...

You have TOO MUCH time on your hands! Where's that little Ava?!?!? How about a pic of her chewing her toys!?!?!? How's life treating you? I think of you often - our little ones are close in age...

Heidi said...

Ok, this is a really funny post. You were enjoying a little beverage whilst writing this? :-)

erica said...

Hahaha! Too funny! :)