Friday, March 13, 2009

Coming Home...

After my official first day back at work, I've decided that coming home is the best part of my day! I dropped my bags at the door, took Ava in my arms, and showered her with kisses. Her smile and happy squeals made it such a sweet moment. I can understand what Tim has been talking about the past 5 months. He's always rushing home to be with "his girls." :)

Coming home was so sweet, but leaving this morning was not. I cried when I left her and most of the way to work. Ava was in good hands with Tim's sister, Christine, but there's just something that tugs at a mother's heart - a feeling like you're missing precious hours of your baby's life. The day was even more difficult because Ava refused a bottle all day and went 9 hours without eating a thing! But, she was well-loved and cared for, and she nearly made up for the 9 hours by eating almost nonstop from 3:30 to her bedtime at 7:15.

Thank you to those of you who have offered many encouraging words and have been praying for me while I make this difficult transition! Yes, I will miss Ava every single day, but things will get easier and I will soak in each moment I do have with her. Summer can't come soon enough! Below are several pictures of our time together this past week.


All bundled up for a mid-day walk outside.


Another picture from our walk - she was nice and toasty warm!

It's never too early for kids to learn to help out around the house. :)
Here's Ava's pile of laundry to fold.


Trying out her new highchair.

Getting hugs and kisses from Mama!





8 comments:

erica said...

Yay! You made it through the first day! Isn't it great how excited our kiddos get to see us?? And good work putting Ava to work on the laundry. She might a well make herself useful while you and Tim are at work! ;) Such cute pictures!! Have fun with your mom!

Anonymous said...

There's no experience like that of being a mom (not that I would actually know first-hand, but I can at least speak from first hand observation of the mom I'm married to!). Great pictures. I'd be more than happy to share my laundry-folding skills with Ava. Love you and tell Ava to take good care of her grandma from Idaho during her visit this week!

Johanna said...

Ava is so beautiful! You guys have make a wonderful family. I laughed out loud reading about Ava's chores!! Stephanie, you are in my prayers. It should get easier with time. Summer is 3 months away!

Alyssia said...

I thought you went back this next week. My card will have arrived a little late. Sorry. I'm glad you made it through. The pics of her make it reality how much she has changed since I've seen her. I am going to soak up every minute that I am with you guys. I'll be praying for you as you go back to work again this week. Love Ya!!!

Anonymous said...

Loved the pictures of Ava! The last one really shows how big she's gotten! Wow!

Heidi said...

Steph, I'm praying the summer comes very quickly! I can see why it would be hard to leave that little bundle of cuteness - she is GORGEOUS! But I'm sure she is already well aware of what wonderful parents she has, so don't worry too much when you're away. Also, I'm jealous of the eyelashes she has already! Hope the 3 of you had a wonderful weekend.

Mel said...

I could not agree more...coming home is the best!! Hang in there as you make this transition. Yah for being a teacher and getting breaks!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

I wish I could say it will get easier...but that would be a lie. You will adapt but that strong pull will be ever present because you are a mom. All you can do is cherish the time you have when you get home. All the best in your transition.

GOd Bless,