Ava with her "Aunt Alyssia"
What a smile - I get to enjoy this precious face everyday!Thanksgiving dinner... Ava slept through the whole thing!
Just a few nights ago I found myself asking, "Does life get any better than this?" The fireplace was going, Christmas music was playing (I love Christmas music!), Tim was reading, and I was snuggled up on the couch with Ava while she took a nap. I felt so content and so blessed - Really, does life get any better than this?
Speaking of life, it's been awhile since we updated you on life at the Knapp house. Ava is growing so strong and healthy. She weighed almost 10 pounds at her one month doctor's appointment in mid-November. She's also changing each day with longer amounts of awake time and the ability to interact with us a little. We are SO enjoying her smiles and the adorable noises she's learning to make.
The end of October brought the arrival of Tim's brother, Mark, home from Iraq - safe and sound. We thank the Lord for protecting Mark while he was over there, and we celebrate the fact that he is finally home!
At the beginning of November, Alyssia Gray, one of my closest friends from college, came to visit for almost a week. It was such an encouragement to have her here. It was very different from her usual trips where we get in loads of shopping, relaxing, and watching movies. But this trip Ava got to have lots of time with her "Aunt Alyssia," and I enjoyed her company so much. What a blessing to have a friend like Alyssia!
Then that brings us to the beginning of the holiday season. We enjoyed Thanksgiving Day with Tim's parents and siblings. It was just what Thanksgiving should be: surrounded by those you love, lots of good food, and a little football (even though the Seahawks lost!). The Christmas music is now officially playing in our house, and we're looking forward to getting our tree this Friday. Then it will really feel like the holiday season! It's going to be so fun to celebrate Christmas this year with Ava and at our home here in Puyallup with my parents and brother. I can hardly wait. Just when I thought life couldn't get any better... :)
Next week Tim is in Brazil, staying on a medical boat in the Amazon. It's going to be an incredible trip for him, and he is really looking forward to it. Of course, Ava and I are going to miss him like crazy, but it's only a week. Thanks for your prayers for Tim as he travels. I'm sure he'll have some great pictures and stories to post once he returns.
6 comments:
Hey Steph... I am enjoying reading your blog and seeing pictures of your beautiful girl. I am glad to hear all is well in your neck of the woods. We missed you a the reunion, but I know you had more important things going on that weekend. :)
I look forward to reading more of your ongoing adventures.
Love ya,
Jennie Hamilton
It was so fun to read this blog entry. It sounds like life couldn't really get any better - I'm so happy for you guys! Ava is so beautiful! We're excited to see you all in a couple of weeks! Safe travels Tim! I've wanted to go on the medical boat for years! Lucky. I hope we can see your pics when your return!
So fun to listen to your heart as we read your latest blog entry! These are very special days indeed.
We can't wait to see the three of you (and Scott, too) over Christmas. We think of you and pray for you each and every day. Tim's trip sounds like a real adventure and we'll certainly be keeping him in prayer as he travels. Love you! MOM & DAD RODES
Life is wonderful this time of year...especially with little ones. So funny Ava was 10lbs at her 1 month, my kids are nearly that size at birth :)
Congrats to you both she is very beautiful. And God Bless to Tim on his trip..
Mel
I'm so happy to hear that things are going so well! I'm sure it's wonderful to be able to interact a little more with Ava (and have her interact, too). I'm glad Thanksgiving was fun, and I hope you all have a great Christmas. We'll be praying for all of you as Tim is travelling!
Hello! I made your blog :) I am glad to hear that things are going well. I will definitely be praying for Tim and You as he is gone. Call me if you need to talk :) I am getting ready to send you a little package of pics. Sorry it has taken so long. I bet she has already changed so much. Love ya lots!!!
Post a Comment