We know, we know....it has been over a month since our last post! I am amazed at all of the backlash one receives when you don't keep current with the blog. From the beginning we were striving to update this blog at least every other week or so. Well, if it is any consolation we have been really busy with the preparations for Ava. For some of you that may not be enough of an excuse. Oh well.
Yes, we have been busy this past month. We finished summer with our good friends Brendan, Christa, and their 5-month old Conner in Leavenworth, which has become a wonderful tradition. We have begun to look forward to this annual retreat. There is nothing like the beautiful outdoors by the river, games late into the night, and food, lots of good food. It was wonderful!
Most of September was spent getting back into the teaching groove for Steph. She has been really busy not only with her new class, but also at making the preparations needed to hand-off her class at a moments notice when she goes into labor. I know that all of her planning and foresight will pay dividends in the classroom, as well as give her piece of mind while she is away from the classroom.
In addition to teaching Steph has been trying to get as much rest as possible. There have been a few final baby showers that I know she enjoyed attending too. Other than resting she has been baking up a storm. I think she was bitten by the autumn dessert bug. She has been really busy baking and planning to bake these past couple of weeks. The weather has really changed here in the Pacific Northwest, and our favorite desserts correlate with this time of year. We have been eating hot-water gingerbread cake with vanilla glaze, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, and apple crisp. We are planning to enjoy pumpkin bread (w/ and w/0 raisins) and Cranberry/Pear pie with Carmel. Mmmmmmm
I have been busy with lots of little project around the house, but have also managed to have some fun before the weather turned south. I have been able to play some golf, read, and have gone to a couple of Seahawk games! I am part owner of season tickets this year, which is somewhat of a birthday present. I sure hope they can turn things around soon! The next, and last, game I will be attending is against the Eagles next month.
About a week ago I had the opportunity to take my parenting skills for a test drive. Yes, a test drive. Brendan and Christa needed someone to watch little Conner, and so I volunteered. Maybe I was naive, but I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to see what I was in-for. Granted it has been approximately 8+ years since I had changed a diaper, but I had confidence it would be like ridding a bicycle, if you know what I mean. It was a great day with Conner, who by the way is a great baby. I definitely learned some good lessons that day that I will take with me into fatherhood. Babies are A LOT of work, but I think I am up to the task. Thank you Brendan, Christa (and Connor) for having the confidence in me.
We are now DAYS, yes DAYS, from Ava's due date. Things are progressing and we are VERY anxious to finally hold her in our arms. Our next post will be from the hospital after the birth of our little girl. Stay tuned for photos and more.
Here are some photos from the past month. Enjoy!
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
FINALLY! My goodness, I check this link every other day in the hopes of an update! *Love* the nursery and I'm so excited for you both. Can't wait to see Ava's little face in the next update! We're so happy for you guys and will be praying for you for sure! And hopefully we can meet up for a Starbucks or lunch/dinner when we're up there in December if you're not too busy!
Yeah! An update! I'm awaiting the call saying Ava's finally here!!!!
Our thoughts and prayers will be with each of you as you welcome Baby Ava into the world. We are anxious to hear about her birth and to see her beautiful face! Love and hugs..The Carrico's
We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of Baby Ava. Our prayers will be with each of you as you prepare for her birth. Love and hugs...The Carrico's
Post a Comment