Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Ava's Arrival

Well, here we are. It is 3:07 AM and we are both awake watching our little girl's every move. She has been nursing off and on now going on four hours, with no signs of letting up. We are so overwhelmed with joy. What an amazing experience it has been to bring her into this world and hear her first cry.

After arriving at the hospital at about 1:15, labor didn't begin until 2:00 and lasted for five and a half hours, only one of which was pushing. Steph did so great.

Ava was born at 7:34 PM on October 13th. She weighed 7 pounds 12 ounces and was 20 3/4 inches long. She is absolutely PERFECT, with a head full of dark hair and long eyelashes.

We praise the Lord for this AMAZING gift!






22 comments:

erica said...

Congratulations!! Chris and I are so excited for all of you!

Anonymous said...

WELCOME AVA!!!! Much love and congratulations to you Tim and Steph!! Keep the pictures coming! Can't wait to meet this little gift in person!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Congrats to the tired family. You will be amazing parents, Ava is one lucky little lady. Tim, don't forget to get your wife a pushing present, she has earned it :)

Mel

Tara said...

Yea! I've been thinking about you all weekend and am excited to hear of sweet Ava's arrival! She's beautiful! I'm sorry your pregnancy had to go to the bitter end but she was clearly worth the wait. Congrats!

Chris and Cassie said...

WooHoo!!! Congratulations Steph and Tim. How cute is she!!! You guys are going to be awesome parents

The Johnson Journey said...

YAHOO!! CONGRATULATIONS! Such an exciting time!! She is beautiful! :)

Jill said...

Yipee! CONGRATS! Happy she is here. She looks beautiful...can't wait to see more pictures. Enjoy your new little girl!

Mark and Sarah said...

Congratulations mom and dad!!!! She is an amazing gift. Wow, what a beautiful baby, and she's YOUR daughter! SO happy that the birth was SO fast (lucky, Steph!!). The first night I couldn't sleep either after Torin was born...too much joy and adrenaline!! Can't wait to see more pics!

Christa said...

What a beautiful gift! I know Connor didn't show it but he was very excited to meet his new buddy last night :)
We love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Yay, Yay, Yay! Tony and I are so thrilled for you guys! What a great blessing. She's gorgeous. We can't wait to meet her in December!

Melissa said...

Congrats! She is beautiful!

Lindsy said...

Yay for babies! You guys are gonna be great parents!

Briana said...

She's here! She's here!! Nice work, Steph!! I'm so proud of you!! And we're all SO incredibly happy for you guys!!! Welcome to the family Ava Christine!!

Unknown said...

CONGRATS!!!! She is ADORABLE!!! YAHOO FOR BABY AVA:)

Candice Blenker said...

Welcome Ava! We are so so excited to meet you! Job well done Steph and Tim. We are so so happy for you! We are headed your way late November, hope we'll get a chance to see you! Love you guys!

Alyssia said...

I can't wait to meet Ava in just a few short weeks. Stephanie, I am so proud of you. I know both you and Tim will be the most amazing parents. She is absolutely beautiul! I love you guys!!!

The Swensruds said...

Congrats! She's beautiful! I'm so happy for you two. You're going to love being parents!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We hadn't heard you were expecting. They had Ava's picture at Bible study tonight with the announcement of her arrival. She's a cutie. Enjoy every minute time goes way too fast.
The Johnston's

JT said...

Congratulations!! This is so exciting and amazing. Praise the Lord indeed!
Not to brag (ahem) but I think I voted Ava would be born before her due date.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to all of you!! We are so happy for you----there is no greater joy than being a parent----especially for the very first time!! Welcome Baby Ava!!
Much love to each of you----The Carrico's

James Vogt said...

Awesome! She is beautiful. Steph, you're a mommy! We are so happy for you both. Now stop reading this and try to get some sleep!

James and Tammy

Michelle said...

Hi Tim and Steph!

Congratulations again on your beautiful baby. I just had to leave a comment for you guys... first of all, Ava is adorable =) But I had to tell you... we have the same OB doctor, I have a daughter named Ava, the same OB nurse wheeled me out to our car from Good Sam in September when we had our little one, AND, we have the same car seat =) What a small world, and what good taste you must have =) Hope all is well with you three! God Bless

Michelle