Wednesday, May 14, 2008

8 days and counting!


Here's the long-awaited "belly picture" that Tim has been pestering me about! Each day, this baby becomes more and more real as I watch my body change, and recently, even feel the baby move (I think!). Just tonight at our weekly coffee night, I thought I was feeling the baby again and so I put Tim's hand right on my stomach and watched his face light up. It was the first time he's felt our baby move, and he assured me it wasn't just a weird ab muscle spasm. This is so exciting! There really is a little life growing and developing inside of me. What a miracle!


My morning sickness has pretty much subsided completely. I'm eating well, (sometimes even enjoying the food!), and at our last doctor's appointment a week ago I had gained 6 pounds. This was my first weight gain of the pregnancy and I cheered while on the scale at the doctor's office. I don't think the nurse typically sees this response to weight gain! Ha ha. Although I'm only about halfway through, 18 weeks to be exact, and loving being pregnant, I am already looking forward to a few pre-pregnancy habits. For example, I will be so happy to stop sleeping on my side exclusively and start drinking Coke again. But, these are such small prices to pay for the gift that God has blessed us with. When my worries and fears get the best of me, I'm reminded of the fact that God loves us so much and has given us a peace that we cannot even begin to understand.


On a side note, this upcoming weekend Tim and I have chosen to help stimulate our struggling economy by using every single penny of our federal tax rebate on a pre-baby shopping spree to start getting the baby room ready, along with a few other purchases. We wouldn't want to disappoint President Bush.


More blogging to come on May 22nd when we'll finally be able to finish this sentence: It's a ....! Time to see if you guessed correctly on our little poll!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I am SO excited for you guys! And Steph, you look so beautiful! That's quite a little bump! ;-) I hope you guys post pics of your baby shopping, and the nursery. I'll be checking back on May 22nd to confirm my guess that it'll be a girl! ;-) The 3 Knapps are always welcome in California for a little vacation - just remember that!

Take care!

-Heidi

Lindsy said...

You look so cute pregnant!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Have fun shopping!! You look beautiful, as always. May 22nd, how exciting.

All the Best,

Melanie

Anonymous said...

Steph you are glowing! I'm so happy for you guys and share in the excitement of this new life! I'm counting the minutes till the 22nd! I voted it would be a boy...we'll see!

Much love,
Cassandra

Melissa said...

Steph & Tim....
I am so excited to hear your news! Good work! I sure do miss you two.